lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From rama44ster <rama44s...@gmail.com>
Subject A question on performance
Date Wed, 07 Jan 2015 15:54:58 GMT
Hi,
I have a lucene index which has close to 480M documents. And I ran around
1000 queries against the index. Each query is a boolean query with 3
different tokens. That is the query has 3 operands which MUST occur.
Executing such 3 token queries gives the following latency percentiles.

50 = 16 ms
75 = 52 ms
90 = 121 ms
95 = 262 ms
99 = 76010 ms
99.9 = 76037 ms

Is the latency expected to degrade when the number of docs is as high as
480M? The size of the index is 36G. All the segments in the index are
merged into one segment. Even when the segments are not merged, the
latencies are not very different. Each document has 5-6 stored fields. But
as mentioned above, the above latencies are for boolean queries that don't
access any stored fields, but just do a posting list lookup on 3 tokens.

Any ideas on what could be wrong here?

Thanks in advance,
Prasad.