lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Michael Sokolov <msoko...@safaribooksonline.com>
Subject Re: AW: howto: handle temporal visibility of a document?
Date Mon, 12 Jan 2015 13:41:05 GMT
The basic idea seems sound, but I think you can simplify that query a
bit.  For one thing, the *:* clauses can be removed in a few places:
also if you index an explicit null value you won't need them at all; for
visiblefrom, if you don't have a from time, use 0, for visibleto, if you
don't have a to time, use maxlong.

-Mike

On 1/12/15 4:23 AM, Clemens Wyss DEV wrote:
> I'll add/start with my proposal ;)
>
> Document-meta fields:
> + visiblefrom [long]
> + visibleto [long]
>
> Query or query filter:
> (*:* -visiblefrom:[* TO *] AND -visibleto:[* TO *])
> OR (*:* -visiblefrom:[* TO *] AND visibleto:[ <now in ms> TO *])
> OR (*:* -visibleto:[ * TO *] AND visiblefrom:[* TO <now in ms>])
> OR ( visiblefrom:[* TO <now in ms>] AND visibleto:[ <now in ms> TO *])
>
> -----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----

have to query the originating object of the document whether it is currently visible (after
the query), we'd like to put metadata into the documents, so that the visibility can be determined
at query-time (by the query itself or a query filter). Any suggestions on how to index and
query this metadata?