lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Clemens Wyss DEV <clemens...@mysign.ch>
Subject AW: howto: handle temporal visibility of a document?
Date Mon, 12 Jan 2015 09:23:32 GMT
I'll add/start with my proposal ;)

Document-meta fields:
+ visiblefrom [long]
+ visibleto [long]

Query or query filter:
(*:* -visiblefrom:[* TO *] AND -visibleto:[* TO *])
OR (*:* -visiblefrom:[* TO *] AND visibleto:[ <now in ms> TO *])
OR (*:* -visibleto:[ * TO *] AND visiblefrom:[* TO <now in ms>])
OR ( visiblefrom:[* TO <now in ms>] AND visibleto:[ <now in ms> TO *])

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Clemens Wyss DEV [mailto:clemensdev@mysign.ch]
Gesendet: Montag, 12. Januar 2015 09:40
An: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Betreff: howto: handle temporal visibility of a document?

We have documents that are not always visible (visiblefrom-visibleto). In order to not have
to query the originating object of the document whether it is currently visible (after the
query), we'd like to put metadata into the documents, so that the visibility can be determined
at query-time (by the query itself or a query filter). Any suggestions on how to index and
query this metadata?