lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Clemens Wyss DEV <clemens...@mysign.ch>
Subject AW: Looking for docs that have certain fields empty (an/or not set)
Date Wed, 07 Jan 2015 16:39:47 GMT
Thx!

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Erick Erickson [mailto:erickerickson@gmail.com]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 7. Januar 2015 17:31
An: java-user
Betreff: Re: Looking for docs that have certain fields empty (an/or not set)

Should be, but it's a bit confusing because the query syntax is not pure boolean, so there's
no set to take away the docs with entries in field 1, you need the match all docs bit, i.e.
*:* -field1:[* TO *]

(That's asterisk:asterisk -field1:[* TO *] in case the silly list interprets the asterisks
as markup)

There's some special magic in filter query processing to handle this case, but not in the
main query parser.

Best,
Erick

On Wed, Jan 7, 2015 at 8:14 AM, Clemens Wyss DEV <clemensdev@mysign.ch> wrote:
> Say I wanted to find documents which have no content in "field1" (or dosuments that have
no field 'field1'), wouldn't that be the following query?