lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Toke Eskildsen ...@statsbiblioteket.dk>
Subject Re: lucene scalability query
Date Thu, 08 Jan 2015 13:14:16 GMT
On Thu, 2015-01-08 at 12:03 +0100, sreedevi s wrote:
>    I am doing a scalability analysis for lucene search in my application.I
> was running my junits with different sets of data which are like
> 1K,10K,100K and 1000K.

[...]

Your table copy-paste did not work. I tried extracting the key data:

10K, attempt 1: 152ms
10K, attempt 2: 32ms
10K, attempt 3: 20ms

100K, attempt 1: 136ms
100K, attempt 2: 28ms
100K, attempt 3: 27ms

> Ideally, it search time should have been higher with 100K data.Why is it
> that I get lesser searcher time with 100K data.

Based on your reported index time, your indexes are tiny. What you are
seeing is probably just statistical flukes. Try re-running your tests a
few times and you will see the numbers change.

- Toke Eskildsen