lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Uwe Schindler" <...@thetaphi.de>
Subject RE: Upgrade Lucene to latest version (4.0) from 2.4.0
Date Thu, 22 Jan 2015 15:38:47 GMT
Hi,

why do you try to configure the IndexWriter with outdated merge policies and lots of custom
settings for buffering? I would start without any such settings and use IndexWriter with plain
default settings. If I hit issues, then it may be useful to change merging and buffering settings.
It looks like you prevented IndexWriter from merging at all. This of course would make queries
slow, because you have way too many index segments (CFS files).

If you upgrade from very old Lucene versions, it is wise to remove any customizations and
start with plain default settings.

Uwe

-----
Uwe Schindler