lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From <Ankit.Mura...@ril.com>
Subject Distance between 2 points Lucene Spatial
Date Mon, 22 Dec 2014 05:35:39 GMT
Dear All,

We are using lucene spatial strategy to find out the distance between a pair of Lat/Long.

Given a pair of Lat/Long I need to find the near accurate distance between these 2 points.

I have used Haversine, LawOfCosines and Vincernity however unable to decide which will provide
the best output(accurate output).

There is not just 1 point but millions of points which will need to be passed into against
 a set of point to find the closest point.

Which might be the best approach. Additionally, I observed from the API, that the output of
these 3 algorithms are in Degress. Is there any API in lucene which can return the output
in double,long,int etc. formats.

"Confidentiality Warning: This message and any attachments are intended only for the use of
the intended recipient(s).
are confidential and may be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient. you are hereby
notified that any
review. re-transmission. conversion to hard copy. copying. circulation or other use of this
message and any attachments is
strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient. please notify the sender immediately
by return email.
and delete this message and any attachments from your system.

Virus Warning: Although the company has taken reasonable precautions to ensure no viruses
are present in this email.
The company cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage arising from the use of this
email or attachment."