lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From andi rexha <a_re...@hotmail.com>
Subject How to find out opened readers in Lucene
Date Tue, 09 Dec 2014 10:59:18 GMT
Hi,
I have some IndexReaders and a single IndexWriter opened. I index some
documents, and in the end only one reader should be opened and the old
ones should be closed. The readers should be closed, but when I restart
the system(meaning I restart the IndexWriter), actually the size of the
index in disk shrinks at least by half, meaning that probably some
readers were still opened. Is there any way to figure out the readers
per commit that are still in use in a certain moment?