lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: How to find out opened readers in Lucene
Date Tue, 09 Dec 2014 11:41:17 GMT
OK so it sounds like it is still-open readers holding the files open.
You are on Windows?

You might be able to use FilterDirectoryReader to do your custom
wrapping of the SegmentReaders, and then pass that to
Searcher/ReaderManager (though you may have to wait for 5.0 for that).

If you can cutover to Lucene's test-framework, and use
MockDirectoryWrapper in a test case with your application, it will
tell you on close if there are still open files and where they were
opened from ... might give some insight.

Mike McCandless

http://blog.mikemccandless.com

On Tue, Dec 9, 2014 at 6:34 AM, andi rexha <a_rexha@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Mike,
> thank you for your answer. I do the IW.commit, and the size of the index doesnt change
much.

> As for the SearcherManager, I need to use the SegmentReaders being that I cache information
for each segment, and I initialize it via the MultiReader.