lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: How to find out opened readers in Lucene
Date Tue, 09 Dec 2014 11:26:40 GMT
Another explanation is you are not calling IndexWriter.commit: older
index files  (merged away segments) cannot be deleted until that
operation is done.

Before doing any changes to your readers, trying calling IW.commit and
see if that also frees up the disk space.

If it's really that you are failing to close some readers, consider
using a SearcherManager: it simplifies managing the readers.

Mike McCandless

http://blog.mikemccandless.com