lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Nils Knappmeier <n.knappme...@i-views.de>
Subject Chinese sorting
Date Wed, 17 Dec 2014 11:54:05 GMT
Hi,

is there any implementation for a chinese collator in Lucene. I've seen
that there is a chinese analyzer which uses Hidden Markov Models. But
sorting seems to be an issue on its own and all my googling hasn't led
to any results yet.

I understand that this is not a trivial issue and I've read that the
chinese tend to prefer other ordering than by name, since sorting orders
are so complicated that nobody wants to use them. But we will have to
sort search results by name, even though the name is chinese (simplified
chinese at the moment, but traditional may also appear later) and
currenty chinese words seem to be ordered by their unicode-number, which
seems not to be the right order.

Thanks in advance for any suggestion,
  Nils