lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: Dangerous reflection access to sun.misc.Cleaner by class org.apache.lucene.store.MMapDirectory$MMapIndexInput$1 detected!
Date Mon, 03 Nov 2014 23:07:42 GMT

FYI: random googling for "Dangerous reflection access" indicates these are
logged by "TopSecurityManager" in Netbeans

random clicking on random messages in the Netbeans forums suggests:

1) these INFO messages are designed to only show up if you run with
assertions on (evidently under the assumption that only developers would
run with assertions, and developers hsould be warned if their apps do this
-- but evidently not enough to log it as a true WARN0

2) there is aparently no way to configure netbeans not to log this

3) there is the occasional mention of implementing a LoggingFilter to
supress these log messages...

http://netbeans-org.1045718.n5.nabble.com/What-means-this-error-java-lang-Exception-Dangerous-reflection-access-to-sun-misc-Unsafe-by-class-td5732754.html

4) if this is a true java Security manager (not clear to me, i didn't keep
digging) then you could probably just disable it completely using the
normal JVM mechanisms for specifying your own SecurityManager.