lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Ian Lea <ian....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Index keeps growing, then shrinks on restart
Date Tue, 11 Nov 2014 09:26:58 GMT
Telling us the version of lucene and the OS you're running on is
always a good idea.

A guess here is that you aren't closing index readers, so the JVM will
be holding on to deleted files until it exits.

A combination of du, ls, and lsof commands should prove it, or just
losf: run it against the java process and look for deleted files.  If
you're on unix that is.

--
Ian.