lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Shouvik Bardhan <sbard...@gisfederal.com>
Subject When does a segment file gets written...
Date Tue, 04 Nov 2014 13:28:08 GMT
Apologies if this is trivial but I have read what I could on the net and
could not come up with a good answer.

I have stood up a lucene server (not solr) which listens on 2 ports - one
for indexing and one for search. Also on different threads. The indexer
threads use one IndexWriter and the searcher threads get the
SearcherManager from the Indexwriter and does maybereopen() to refresh from
time to time.

When I run this and pump indexing data into it, I see index files in the
directory coming in fast and furious but I dont see a segment file. I guess
that is because I dont call close or commit on the IW. My question is what
should I do so that every so often new segments are written? Data is
getting flushed to the disk but there is no Segment info being written. I
must be missing something.

thanks for all the help guys,
Shouvik