lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Shouvik Bardhan <sbard...@gisfederal.com>
Subject Re: When does a segment file gets written...
Date Tue, 04 Nov 2014 16:44:27 GMT
Thanks for the reply (and thanks for everything else too !!) Mike.

I am unable to understand when to call commit. Should I start counting the
number of documents I am ingesting and then say every 10 million docs do a
commit()? I dont want to do a commit too frequently cause that does not
sound correct. Since the ingest velocity is variable, the best thing would
have been if I could have this commit() happen when say X number of docs
are written. I will try and see if I could find a way to find a good time
to commit.

thanks again.
Shouvik