lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Ralf Heyde" <ralf.he...@gmx.de>
Subject AW: Retrieve found terms
Date Thu, 27 Nov 2014 07:23:07 GMT
Hi John,

as far as I remember, the Highlighter has some functionality, to provide
that. Maybe you should have a look into that Lucene Highlighting Project
too.

Ralf

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: John Cecere [mailto:john.cecere@oracle.com]
Gesendet: Dienstag, 25. November 2014 15:12
An: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Betreff: Retrieve found terms

I've done a bunch of searching, but I still can't seem to figure out how to
do this.

Given a WildcardQuery or PrefixQuery (something with a wildcard in it), is
there a way to retrieve the terms in the index that matched in a document?
For example, the search term for my WildcardQuery is 'arch*' and I got 3
hits on it. I want to know what terms in the indexed matched (e.g. archery,
architecture, archenemy).

More specifically, I'd like to do this without having to use the highlighter
jar.

I already have my index set up with term vectors enabled.

Thanks,
John

--
John Cecere