Hello Michael,

Thank you for your kind support.

I had a look into the elasticsearch-analysis-decompound and tried to integration. However it seemed to me that it is somewhat hard to integrate it into our work based on lucene-core.

 I have manged to set up a test environment, however I was not successful in decomposing even simplest words. It seems to need some base vocabulary setup. But it is not very clear to me, whether the provided settings are even applicable to German. So finally I gave up. Maybe a real infix lookup is simpler to manager.

Michael

Michael Sokolov
Montag, 27. Oktober 2014 12:22
Have you considered combining the AnalyzingInfixSuggester with a German decompounding filter?  If you break compound words into their constituent parts during analysis, then the suggester will be able to do what you want (prefix matches on the word-parts).  I found this project with a quick google search: https://github.com/jprante/elasticsearch-analysis-decompound; I don't know how good it is or whether it fits with your environment, but it could be a start.

-Mike

Michael Breu
Montag, 27. Oktober 2014 11:34
Hello,

I'm looking for an infix suggester that allows infix search for a given
term. This might not be that important in English.
However in German we have quite complex composite words like
Donaudampfschifffahrtsgesellschaftskapitän
which is composed by the nouns Donau (danube), Dampf (steam), schiff
(boat), etc.

So I would like to support searches like *schiff* to suggest
Donaudampfschifffahrtsgesellschaft.

I have mistakenly tried for the AnalyzingInfixSuggester, however this
does not do what I expect, because it does prefix matches to tokens, but
no infix matches.

I tried to adapt the AnalyzingSuggester, however it seemed to complex
for an easy conversion to an infix suggester.

I know that this was already asked by
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/lucene-solr-user/201103.mbox/%3C1301054307585-2729996.post@n3.nabble.com%3E,
however, nobody answered this post as far as I know.

Thank you for your help

Wallenstein