lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From aurelien.mazo...@francelabs.com
Subject Query nested document
Date Mon, 20 Oct 2014 11:40:31 GMT
Hi,

I have question regarding nested document queries:
For example, let’s say that I have the following book:
Book _title: Nested document for dummies
Chapter1_Title: Introduction
Chapter1_Content: Nested documents are fun.
Chapter2_Title: Which technology should I use?
Chapter2_Content: Lucene of course!

First I want to find books that contain an introduction and that are
about Lucene. So I decide to flatten my data and use 3 multivalued
fields (Book_Title,Chapter_Title and Chapter_Content), I index my
document and then I get what I want when I use the following query : “
chapter_title:Introduction AND chapter_title:Lucene “
Now I want to find books that contain “fun” in a chapter called
“introduction”.  My model is no more valid (Chapter2_content is no more
linked with Chapter2_title). That is why I change my datamodel and use
nested documents:
I have now a parent with a single valued field Book_title and different
childs with single valued fields Chapter_title and Chapter_Content. Now,
when I run the query “chapter_title: Introduction AND
chapter_content:fun” I also get what I want… But what do I have to do if
I want to use these two kinds of query with a unique data model?

Thank you,

Regards,

Aurélien MAZOYER