lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: Search with term intersection
Date Fri, 10 Oct 2014 10:18:03 GMT
By intersection, do you mean a MUST clause on a BooleanQuery?

Lucene uses "doc at a time" scoring, so for BooleanQuery, all MUST'd
clauses are visiting the same doc (if they match) at a time, so we do
the intersection for that document all at once, within each segment,
across the N clauses.

Mike McCandless

http://blog.mikemccandless.com