lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From David Pilato <da...@pilato.fr>
Subject Re: Search "_all" field with a term
Date Sat, 11 Oct 2014 09:57:52 GMT
You should ask this on the elasticsearch mailing list.

BTW, look at elasticsearch copy_to feature. Better than _all field.

My 2 cents.

--
David ;-)

> Le 11 oct. 2014 à 11:31, "haiwei.xie-soulinfo" <haiwei.xie@soulinfo.com> a écrit
:

> Hi,
>
>     Thanks for your advise, SimpleQueryParser api is not enough in my case.
> Actually, I want to index data from database, there are so many fields, I have
> tested "_all" parameter in ElasticSearch system, but the result of '_all'
> and 'fieldname' are different for chinese term.
>
>      'Internally this is  indexing every field a second time into the "_all" field.'

> This sentence mean second indexing has total different analyzer and indexing compared
> with my first indexing?  So I need rewrite the second process to fix my problem?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Haiwei
>

>> Hi,
>>
>> by default there is no "_all" field. E.g., Elasticsearch adds this special field
depending on your index mapping at the time of indexing the data. Internally this is  indexing
every field a second time into the "_all" field.

>> With Lucene you have to do this on yourself. An alternative would be to use another
query parser (like the SimpleQueryParser, see http://goo.gl/4blGsp) that allows to expand
the query to search on multiple fields with different weight factors.