lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "G.Long" <jde...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: custom token filter generates empty tokens
Date Fri, 10 Oct 2014 09:08:02 GMT
Thanks Ahmet and Jose for you help :)

Regards,

Le 09/10/2014 18:29, Jose Fernandez a écrit :
> When you return true from incrementToken() you tell Lucene to add your token to the token
stream. At the end of incrementToken() check for an empty token. If it's empty then return
incrementToken() to process the next token. This will affect your positions so if you're doing
phrase search you will need to adjust the position attribute to account for the now-empty
token.

I would like to remove this token from the tokenstream but i'm not sure how to do that.

> Is there something missing in my custom token filter or do I need to chain another custom
token filter to remove empty tokens?

> Regards :)
>
> ps:
>
> this is the code of my custom filter :
>
> public class SpecialCharFilter extends TokenFilter {
>
>       private final CharTermAttribute termAtt = addAttribute(CharTermAttribute.class);
>
>       protected SpecialCharFilter(TokenStream input) {
>           super(input);
>       }
>
>       @Override
>       public boolean incrementToken() throws IOException {
>
>           if (!input.incrementToken()) {
>               return false;
>           }
>
>           final char[] buffer = termAtt.buffer();
>           final int length = termAtt.length();
>           final char[] newBuffer = new char[length];
>
>           int newIndex = 0;
>           for (int i = 0; i < length; i++) {
>               if (!isFilteredChar(buffer[i])) {
>                   newBuffer[newIndex] = buffer[i];
>                   newIndex++;
>               }
>           }
>
>           String term = new String(newBuffer);
>           term = term.trim();
>           char[] characters = term.toCharArray();
>           termAtt.setEmpty();
>           termAtt.copyBuffer(characters, 0, characters.length);
>
>           return true;
>       }
> }

> SDL PLC confidential, all rights reserved.
> If you are not the intended recipient of this mail SDL requests and requires that you
delete it without acting upon or copying any of its contents, and we further request that
you advise us.
> SDL PLC is a public limited company registered in England and Wales.  Registered number:
02675207.