lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Jack Krupansky" <j...@basetechnology.com>
Subject Re: Questions about the Lucene query language
Date Tue, 28 Oct 2014 03:41:13 GMT
Pure negative queries are not supported, but all you need to do is include
*:*, which translates into MatchAllDocsQuery.

"hello dolly" is the same as "hello dolly"~0

-- Jack Krupansky

-----Original Message-----
From: Prad Nelluru
Sent: Monday, October 27, 2014 8:57 PM
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Questions about the Lucene query language

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to understand how to use the Lucene query language.

1.       Does Lucene support negative phrase queries like -"hello dolly" ?
Or do I need to subtract from some other term like: joy -"hello dolly" ? My
intention is to find all documents that do not have the words "hello" and
"dolly" adjacent to each other.

2.       And also, does "hello dolly" mean the same thing as the proximity
query "hello dolly"~1 ?

Thanks!
Prad