lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Prad Nelluru <prn...@microsoft.com>
Subject Questions about the Lucene query language
Date Tue, 28 Oct 2014 00:57:28 GMT
Hi everyone,

I'm trying to understand how to use the Lucene query language.

1.       Does Lucene support negative phrase queries like -"hello dolly" ? Or do I need to
subtract from some other term like: joy -"hello dolly" ? My intention is to find all documents
that do not have the words "hello" and "dolly" adjacent to each other.

2.       And also, does "hello dolly" mean the same thing as the proximity query "hello dolly"~1
?

Thanks!
Prad