lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From parth_n <nagar...@asu.edu>
Subject Lucene Spatial Question: Is there a primary and a secondary filter?
Date Thu, 02 Oct 2014 16:47:16 GMT
Hi everyone,

I have a Lucene Spatial code where I query (bounding box) the given data.
Does Lucene have a primary and a secondary filter (like MS SQL or PostGIS)
(where the primary filter returns the regions in the index to be looked at,
and the secondary filter removes the false positives in these regions)?

I am trying to query Lucene such that only the primary filter results are
returned. With this (since false positives are sometimes okay for faster
query processing), I can avoid further I/O of accessing the data.

Currently, I have the following code (which was written with the help of
David Smiley -
http://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/Lucene-Spatial-Question-How-to-efficiently-retrieve-all-results-within-a-bounding-box-td4140616.html):

SpatialArgs args = new SpatialArgs(SpatialOperation.Intersects,
ctx.makeRectangle(minX, maxX, minY, maxY));
Collector collector = new SimpleCollector();
searcher.search(strategy.makeQuery(args), collector);

Any reply is much appreciated!

Thanks,
Parth