lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Uwe Schindler" <...@thetaphi.de>
Subject RE: Search with term intersection
Date Fri, 10 Oct 2014 10:32:28 GMT
Hi,

every segment is executed on its own (every segment is its own index). Every segment returns
its own document ids and the result is the union of them ranked by score using a PriorityQueue.
There is no cross-segment term dictionary and posting lists in Lucene. It was like that before
Lucene 2.9, but this is no longer the case - every segment is handled on its own.

Uwe

-----
Uwe Schindler
H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen