lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Harry Yu" <502437...@qq.com>
Subject Speed up searching in multiple-thread?
Date Mon, 15 Sep 2014 07:10:37 GMT
Dear members at Lucene project,

I'm developing poi search application using lucene 4.8 . Recently, I met a trouble that the
performance of IndexSearcher.search is bad in multiple-thread environment. According the test
results, I found that if thread number is 1,  the response time of searching is only 17ms.
But that would be 400ms when I increased threads to 30.

In our application, the size of index is 882M, cpu is 2.4GHZ i5, and test machine is mac pro.
I read How to Make Searching Faster in Lucene-java wiki. And there are only singleton instance
of IndexWriter, IndexReader and IndexSearcher.

Please give me some tips or solutions to speeding up searching in multiple-thread. Thanks.

Best regards,

Harry Yu‍