lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Steve Rowe <sar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: NOTICE: Seeking Moderators for java-user@lucene
Date Tue, 30 Sep 2014 18:03:50 GMT
Please keep me on the list of moderators.  My inattention this past week is temporary and non-vacation-related.
- Steve

On Sep 30, 2014, at 12:51 PM, Chris Hostetter <hossman_lucene@fucit.org> wrote:

> Hey folks,
>
> I was on facation for the psat 7 days - 6 days ago someone sent an email directly to
the java-user moderator list asking for subscription help and never got any response -- indicating
that all of our other list moderators are either no longer active, or just happened to be
on vacation the exact same time as me.

> In anyase: time for another round of "Do you want to be a moderator?"
>
> Being a moderator is really easy, details of what's involved posted here...

> ...in general, being a good moderator typically requires ~30 seconds of work a day skimming
emails and occasionally hitting reply (usually blank replies to the automated system, occasionally
a reply with a link to the unsubscribe info page)

> If you would like to be a moderator, or if you are already a moderator and would like
to continue to be a moderator, please reply back to this message.  If you would like to use
an alternative email address for moderation, please include that address in your reply (else
i'll use the one you send your mail from)

> After a few days (probably on friday?) i'll file an infra request to replace all current
moderators with the new list of volunteers.