lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chloe Guszo <chloe.gu...@gmail.com>
Subject Should .tip/.doc/.tii files be missing/deleted?
Date Thu, 04 Sep 2014 00:06:50 GMT
Hi all,

While creating an index with, ranging in size from 10-100000 docs, and
using SimpleFS, NIOS, MMap Directories, I notice that in all cases the
following files (I'm not listing all extensions) are deleted immediately
upon IndexWriter.close() being called:

*.fdt, *.tip, *.tii, .*pos

Only the following 5 files are left in all cases
_0.cfe
_0.cfs
segments_1
segments.gen
_0.si

My documents all have fields with ANALYZED and TERMVECTOR.YES set. Also,
I'm using Lucene Version 4.6 on a Windows machine.

I'm concerned as to whether or not this is expected behaviour, as I would
expect the index to retain at least the Lucene41.pos/tip/tii files.

So, should these files be deleted or not?

Also, if they are supposed to be deleted, any explanation as to why is
appreciated.

Thanks,
-Chloe