lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Sascha Janz" <Sascha.J...@gmx.net>
Subject improve indexing speed with nomergepolicy
Date Thu, 07 Aug 2014 10:14:38 GMT
hi,

i try to speed up our indexing process. we use SeacherManager with applydeletes to get near
real time Reader.

we have not really "much" incoming documents, but the documents must be updated from time
to time and the amount of documents to be updated could be quite large.

i tried some tests with NoMergePolicy and the indexing process was 25 % faster.

so i think of a change in our code, to use NoMergePolicy for a specific time interval, when
users are active and do a forceMerge(20) every night, which last about 2 - 5 minutes.

is this a good idea? or will i perhaps get into trouble?

Sascha