lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Rob Nikander <rob.nikan...@gmail.com>
Date Thu, 28 Aug 2014 17:38:33 GMT
Hi,

I've got some short fields (phone num, email) that I'd like to search using
good old string matching.  (The full query is a boolean "or" that also uses
real text fields.) I see the warnings about wildcard queries that start
with *, and I'm wondering... do you think it would be a good idea to index
all the suffixes?  Eg, a phone num 5551234, would become 7 values for the
"phoneNum" field: 4, 34, 234, etc.  So "512*" would be a hit.

And maybe do something with the boosts so it doesn't overvalue the match
when it hits multiple values.  ?

Rob