lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Sachin Kulkarni <kulk...@hawk.iit.edu>
Subject How does Lucene decides which fields have termvectors stored and which not?
Date Tue, 19 Aug 2014 03:37:15 GMT
Hi,

I am using Lucene 4.6.0.

I have been storing 5 fields for my documents in the index, namely body,
title, docname, docdate and docid.

But when I get the fields using IndexReader.getTermVectors(indexedDocID) I
only get
the docname and body fields and can retrieve the term vectors for those
fields, but not others.

I check to see if all the five fields are stored using
IndexedFieldType.stored()
and all return true. I also check to see that all the fields are indexed
and they are, but
still when I try to getTermVectors I only receive two fields back.

Is there any other config setting that I am missing while indexing that is
causing this behavior?

Thanks to Kumaran and Ian for their answers to my previous questions but I
have not been able to figure out the above one yet.

Thank you very much.

Regards,
Sachin