lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Rolf Veen <rolf.v...@gmail.com>
Date Fri, 22 Aug 2014 15:52:56 GMT
I've this scenario in a web application:

1. many users query a Lucene index concurrently (obvious)
2. one user can make several queries (she may have different browser
windows open)
3. all those queries need to have a consistent paging behavior (next,
previous buttons)
4. The index can be updated at any time by users.

What I understand is that:

- I need a fresh IndexSearcher for each initial query (DirectoryReader.open
-> reader -> searcher) and cannot use Search(Lifetime)Manager's.
- I cannot share IndexSearchers in the depicted scenario; even for the
same user, a different IndexSearcher is needed for each window.

Is my understanding true ? What would be the best approach to handle this
scenario ?

Kind regards,
Rolf.