lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Jack Krupansky" <j...@basetechnology.com>
Subject Re: Searching with String that Represents a Signature
Date Fri, 15 Aug 2014 00:30:12 GMT
The standard analyzer will discard most special characters as punctuation.
What analyzer are you using?

-- Jack Krupansky

-----Original Message-----
From: Scott Selvia
Sent: Thursday, August 14, 2014 7:42 PM
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Searching with String that Represents a Signature

We have OCR a document with a signature, you can select the signature and
copy the text representation for searching in a lucene 4.7 index.  We have
surrounded the search text with double quotes since it has invalid search
characters without the use of the double quotes.

Search Text:  ":J!/z&”  when we search using this string I get hits that don’t
match the 6 characters.  Do we have to use a / as an escape character?