lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Michael Sokolov <msoko...@safaribooksonline.com>
Subject Re: AnalyzingInfixSuggester questions
Date Fri, 15 Aug 2014 12:35:18 GMT
I opened LUCENE-5889.  While I was writing that I remembered another
gap: it would be useful to have a delete() method. Callers might like to
be able to include or exclude terms based on their frequency, which can
change over time, and at the very least when a term no longer occurs in
the source data, it would be desirable to remove it from the suggestion
index without a rebuild.  Currently I update and set the weight to 0.0,
but that's not really the same: it just tends to hide the suggestions,
but of course they can stil l show up.  If you agree that's a good idea
I can open a ticket for that too.

-Mike S