lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Kumaran R <kums....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Is housekeeping of Lucene indexes block index update but allow search ?
Date Mon, 04 Aug 2014 15:45:46 GMT
Hi Gaurav

1.When you opened index to write,till you close that index, there will
be a lock to do further write. But not for search. During merge, index
needs 3X ( not sure 2X?) of more storage space, i believe that is the
reason for no blocking for search. ( any other experts can clarify you
more on this )

2. Merge will be taken care by default values( merge factor 2) of
lucene. If u need to control more on merge policy, please go through
about merge by size or by number of segments or many merge policies.

Hope this will help you a little bit.

--
Kumaran R
Sent from Phone