lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Robert Muir <rcm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Invalid fieldsStream maxPointer (file truncated?): maxPointer=2966205946, length=2966208512
Date Wed, 23 Jul 2014 11:38:43 GMT
On Wed, Jul 23, 2014 at 7:29 AM, Harald Kirsch
<Harald.Kirsch@raytion.com> wrote:

> (As a side note: after truncating the file to the expected size+16, at least
> the core starts up again. Have not tested anything else yet.)

After applying your truncation-fix, Is it possible for you to run the
checkindex tool (and show the output)?

> The corrupted files (we found a second one) are *.fdt. They contain only
> zero-bytes in their excess portion.

This is strange, I really want to know where these excess zeros are
coming from.  It really doesnt make a lot of sense, because these
zeros would have to be after the CRC checksum written at the very end
of every file... implying something crazy is happening beneath lucene.
But we cannot rule out the possibility of a lucene bug.

Can you explain anything more about your use case (e.g. do you have
something interesting going on like really massive documents) or
anything about your configuration of solr (e.g. are you using
mmapdirectory or nrtcachingdirectory)