lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Umashanker, Srividhya" <srividhya.umashan...@hp.com>
Date Wed, 23 Jul 2014 16:49:19 GMT
Which is the efficient way to create faster searches?

1.       Single large index (or)

2.       Multiple small indexes  (opened with SearchManager, multireaders)

When creating the IndexSearcher(multireader),  how do we quickly get the list of IndexReaders.
Should we use DirectoryReader.open(writer, applyAllDeletes)
The searchManager does not have a direct way to return IndexReader.

For every query we do searcherManager.acquire() and an appropriate searcherManager.release().
Can we call searcherManager.acquire().getIndexReader(), will it be available even after searcherManager.release().

Please help.

-Vidhya