lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erin Colvin <eschlapk...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Lucene Help Needed for Doctoral Student
Date Mon, 28 Jul 2014 00:49:22 GMT
Hi, I am working on my doctoral dissertation in CS and am trying to use Lucene to do custom
similarity measures, namely MMM (mixed, min and Max), Paice and p-norm and then compare those
results to the traditional Boolean similarity and TF/IDF similarity.
So far I have tried creating custom similarity, and scoring with no luck and right now I am
able to pull the IDF value out of a search result but cannot for the life of me get the term
frequency.
Is there any way to create a custom similarity measure and run it for results or at least
can you help me pull the term frequencies out so I can do the calculations myself?
I am a C++ and VB programmer who hasn't programmed in years so my java is a bit juvenile but
I am 6 months away from being down with this degree and really want to graduate with my class
so I am in need of help ASAP!!!!
I'm using Eclipse with Lucene 4.0 so I can check my results in Luke.
Please help,
Erin Colvin

Erin Colvin
Computer Science Doctoral Student