lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Zhao, Gang" <gz...@ea.com>
Date Sat, 14 Jun 2014 00:09:47 GMT
I used lucene 4.4 to create index for some documents. One of the indexing fields is BinaryDocValuesField.
After I change the dependency to lucene 4.5. The index size for 1 million documents increases
from 293MB to 357MB. If I did not use BinaryDocValuesField, the index size increases only
about 2%. I also tried lucene 4.8. The index size is similar to index size with lucene 4.5.

I am wondering what the change for handling BinaryDocValuesField from 4.4 to 4.5 or 4.8 is.

Gang Zhao
Software Engineer - EA Digital Platform
207 Redwood Shores Parkway
Redwood City, CA 94065