lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Robert Muir <rcm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Indexing size increase 20% after switching from lucene 4.4 to 4.5 or 4.8 with BinaryDocValuesField
Date Tue, 17 Jun 2014 16:12:18 GMT
Again, because merging is based on byte size, you have to be careful how
you measure (hint: use LogDocMergePolicy).

Otherwise you are comparing apples and oranges.

Separately, your configuration is using experimental codecs like
"disk"/"memory" which arent as heavily benchmarked etc as the default index
format.