lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: timing merges
Date Thu, 12 Jun 2014 14:39:33 GMT
What version of Solr/Lucene? Merging is supposed to be
happening in the background for quite a while, so I'd be surprised if this
was really the culprit unless you're on an older version of Lucene.

See:
http://blog.trifork.com/2011/04/01/gimme-all-resources-you-have-i-can-use-them/

But this is exactly what I mean. You say "I have users complaining about it".
How do _they_ know that merging is the reason? Have _they_ presented
you with evidence? I can't tell you how many times I've been asked to
implement a solution to a problem that turned out to have nothing
to do with the issue; someone was just "sure" they knew the reason....

If you're on an older version and you'd get way more
benefits (not only with indexing) by upgrading...

Erick