lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Nalini Kartha <nalinikar...@gmail.com>
Subject Changing field lengthnorm to store length
Date Thu, 19 Jun 2014 17:13:47 GMT
Hi,

We're interested in having access to the number of terms in the fields for
a document vs the pre-calculated lengthnorm at scoring time - we want
experiment with different lengthnorm functions so it seems like storing the
raw length and then doing the norm calculation at query time would work.

Is changing the lengthnorm method on Similarity class to return the raw
number of terms the right way to go to for this? We realize this will
result in taking up more than a byte to store the value but we're OK with
this. Will this break anything else under the hood?

Thanks,
Nalini