lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Vitaly Funstein <vfunst...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: search performance
Date Tue, 03 Jun 2014 10:09:38 GMT
A couple of questions.

1. What are you trying to achieve by setting the current thread's priority
to max possible value? Is it grabbing as much CPU time as possible? In my
experience, mucking with thread priorities like this is at best futile, and
at worst quite detrimental to responsiveness and overall performance of the
system as a whole. I would remove that line.

2. This seems suspicious:

if (getPagination()) {
                max = start + length;
            } else {
                max = getMaxResults();
            }

If start is at 100M, and length is 1000 - what do you think Lucene will try
and do when you pass this max to the collector?