lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Shai Erera <ser...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Faceted Search User's Guide for Lucene 4.8.1
Date Tue, 17 Jun 2014 04:24:37 GMT
I understand but since the facet module was (and still is) experimental, we
were also experimenting w/ its APIs and ways to simplify them. The
userguide was a mess - while valuable to newcomers, it was impossible to
keep it up to date with the API changes ever since it was contributed to
Lucene. The facet module has gone under two major overhauling since 3.4,
both for good reasons (performance and API simplification). It was way
outdated and users complained about that too.

Given that, we've decided to remove it and suffice with blog posts, some of
which are already outdated too, and best of all is the demo code.

If you have specific questions on how to migrate to the new API, I would be
happy to assist you. But I don't think we'll write another userguide.

Also, if you can point to missing jdocs or places where they could be
improved, please open a JIRA issue and I'll help as much as I can with that
too.

Shai