lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Ravikumar Govindarajan <ravikumar.govindara...@gmail.com>
Subject SortingMergePolicy for already sorted segments
Date Tue, 17 Jun 2014 01:04:18 GMT
I am planning to use SortingMergePolicy where all the merge-participating
segments are already sorted... I understand that I need to define a DocMap
with old-new doc-id mappings.

Is it possible to optimize the eager loading of DocMap and make it kind of
lazy load on-demand?

Ex: Pass List<AtomicReader> to the caller and ask for next new-old doc
mapping..

Since my segments are already sorted, I could save on memory a little-bit
this way, instead of loading the full DocMap upfront

--
Ravi