lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Ethsaam Javaid <eths...@gmail.com>
Subject [ISSUE] Setting index time boost on StoredField
Date Wed, 11 Jun 2014 20:10:01 GMT
Hi, I am trying to boost an already indexed document that has three fields,
'id' -> LongField (stored), 'timestamp' -> LongField (tored), 'text' ->
TextField (indexed, not stored)
so my documents are of the form
doc1 <id, timestamp>
doc2 <id, timestamp> ...
Now, with a document how can I possible set a boost, or vote up a document
by simply giving an 'ID'.
Currently, I first search for the document by ID via numericrangequery, and
then try to setBoost on its fields. But every time I get the
IllegalStateException. Is there any possible way to boost my documents in
the index.

Thanks,