lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Jamie <ja...@mailarchiva.com>
Subject Re: frozen in PriorityQueue.downHeap for more than 25 minutes
Date Mon, 23 Jun 2014 11:53:42 GMT
Toke

Thanks for the tip. Sadly, we are only requesting a set page size worth
of documents at a time.

if (startIdx==0) {
   topDocs =
indexSearcher.search(query,queryFilter,searchResult.getPageSize(), sort);
} else {
   topDocs = indexSearcher.searchAfter(p.startScoreDoc, query,
queryFilter, searchResult.getPageSize(),sort);
}
The page size is set to 50,000.

We've noticed that during major collections, search grinds to a halt for
several minutes.

What are the best JVM collector settings for Lucene searching? We're
tried various options and they don't seem to make much difference.

Regards

Jamie