lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Jamie <ja...@mailarchiva.com>
Subject searching with stemming
Date Mon, 09 Jun 2014 09:57:10 GMT
Greetings

Our app currently uses language specific analysers (e.g.
EnglishAnalyzer, GermanAnalyzer, etc.). We need an option to disable
stemming. What's the recommended way to do this? These analyzers do not
include an option to disable stemming, only a parameter to specify a
list words for which stemming should not apply. Furthermore, my
understanding is that the StandardAnalyzer is tied to English
specifically. I am trying to avoid having to override each of these
analyzers with an option to disable stemming. Is there a better alternative?

Much appreciate your consideration.

Jamie