lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Sandeep Khanzode <sandeep_khanz...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Searching on Large Indexes
Date Fri, 27 Jun 2014 10:33:49 GMT
Hi,

I have an index that runs into 200-300GB. It is not frequently updated.

What are the best strategies to query on this index?
1.] Should I, at index time, split the content, like a hash based partition, into multiple
separate smaller indexes and aggregate the results programmatically?
2.] Should I replicate this index and provide some sort of document ID, and search on each
node for a specific range of document IDs?
3.] Is there any way I can split or move individual segments to different nodes and aggregate
the results?

I am not fully aware of the large scale query strategies. Can you please share your findings
or experiences? Thanks,

Thanks n Regards,
Sandeep Ramesh Khanzode