lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Nicola Buso <nb...@ebi.ac.uk>
Subject Facet migration 4.6.1 to > 4.7.0
Date Tue, 17 Jun 2014 14:30:38 GMT
Hi,

I'm migrating from lucene 4.6.1 to 4.8.1 and I noticed some Facet API
changes happened on 4.7.0 probably mostly related to this ticket:

Here are few question about some customization/extension we did and
seem not having a direct counterpart/extension point in the new API;
can someone help with these questions?

- we are extending FacetResultsHandler to change the order of the facet
results (i.e. date facets ordered by date instead of count). How can I
achieve this now?

- we have usual IndexReaders opened in groups with MultiReader, than we're
merging in RAM the TaxonomyReaders to obtain a correspondence of the
MultiReader for the taxonomies. Do you think I can still do this?

- at some point you removed the residue information from facets and we
calculated it differently; am I right I can now calculate it as
FacetResult.childCount - FacetResult.labelValues.length?

- we are extending TaxonomyFacetsAccumulator to provide:
  - specific FacetResultsHandler(s) depeding on the facet
  - add facet other than the topk if the user selected some facet values
from the "residue".
where does the API permit to extends the behavior to achieve this?

Any help will be really apreciated,

Nicola.

--
Nicola Buso